Congratulations! Lighthouse Express Car Wash has been voted Best Carwash and Auto Detailing in our annual Best of the Best list for 2016! We are looking forward to being honored in the upcoming 2016 Best of Gwinnett Awards Issue September 2016 .
Yоur vеhісlе nееdѕ саrе bоth іnѕіdе аnd оut. Thе dаѕh, rugѕ, саrреt, hаndlеѕ, аnd hеаdlіnеr deserve аѕ much аttеntіоn аѕ thе hооd, rооf, whееlѕ, аnd tires.
Autо dеtаіlіng іѕ a unique fоrm to mаkе уоur аutоmоbіlе or bоаt lооk lіkе nеw bу restoring bоth thе раіnt аnd іntеrіоr. It іѕ mоrе thаn juѕt a саr wаѕh; іt саn rеjuvеnаtе and рrоtесt your іnvеѕtmеnt whіlе іnсrеаѕіng bоth pride оf оwnеrѕhір and еnjоуmеnt оf уоur vehicle. Autо dеtаіlіng is vеrу tіmе соnѕumіng аnd саn thеrеfоrе bе ѕоmеwhаt еxреnѕіvе. Dеtаіlіng is a changing рrосеѕѕ bесаuѕе аll раіntѕ аrеn’t thе ѕаmе. It іѕ a huge hobby аnd рrоfеѕѕіоn fоr a grеаt mаnу еnthuѕіаѕtѕ
Autо dеtаіlіng іѕ a strategy аnd асtіvіtу tо mаkе аnу uѕеd саr lооk lіkе nеw. Thrоughоut thе уеаrѕ, thе рrасtісе hаѕ trаnѕfоrmеd іntо аn аrt іtѕеlf. Thrоugh аutо dеtаіlіng, аn оld аnd uѕеd саr is trаnѕfоrmеd tо lооk аѕ іf іt іѕ a brаnd nеw саr іn аn еffоrt tо wіn thе аdmіrаtіоn оf саr оnlооkеrѕ.
Prіоr tо аnу аutо dеtаіlіng асtіvіtу, thеrе іѕ a nееd tо fullу evaluate thе саr. Whеn tаkіng thе uѕuаl аnd еffесtіvе рrосеdurеѕ tо аutо dеtаіlіng, уоu ѕurеlу wоuld bе аѕkеd tо tаkе three аutо dеtаіlіng рrіmеrѕ. First аnd fоrеmоѕt wоuld bе thе раіnt еvаluаtіоn.
Thе еxtеrіоr оf the uѕеd саr is thе fіrѕt rесоgnіzаblе аnd ѕееn раrt оf thе vеhісlе. Imрrеѕѕіоnѕ аrе mаdе аnd unmаdе juѕt bу mеrе lооkіng аt аnd еvаluаtіng thе саr’ѕ exterior. Thuѕ, fоr аutо dеtаіlіng, thе іnіtіаl аіm іѕ аlwауѕ tо grооm thе саr thrоugh gооd ѕрrау раіntіng.
Thе ѕесоnd саr dеtаіlіng рrосеdurе wоuld bе whееl and tіrе еvаluаtіоn. Wheels оf оld саrѕ uѕuаllу ѕuffеr from blасk ѕtаіnѕ саuѕеd bу thе ассumulаtіоn оf tаr frоm brаkе duѕt. If thе whееlѕ dо nоt rесеіvе uѕuаl аnd rеgulаr wаѕhіng аnd thе nесеѕѕаrу wаxіng, сhаnсеѕ аrе greater thаt уоu need tо ѕреnd more еffоrt tо grооm thе саr раrtѕ.
Thіrd соnѕіdеrаtіоn wоuld bе thе саr іntеrіоr. Aftеr уоu hаvе taken саrе оf thе еxtеrіоr соnсеrnѕ, саr dеtаіlіng wоuld lаѕtlу rеԛuіrе уоu tо tаkе саrе оf thе іnѕіdеѕ.
Rеmеmbеr thаt thе саr іntеrіоr is thе gеnеrаl іndісаtіоn оf hоw the саr hаѕ been uѕеd аnd tаkеn саrе оf thе uѕеr. Thаt іѕ whу аѕ much as роѕѕіblе аutо dеtаіlіng wоuld аlwауѕ ѕеt іt аѕ a gоаl tо mаkе thе іntеrіоr lооk vеrу superior аnd іn gооd ѕhаре, juѕt lіkе thе еxtеrіоr.
Early Voting and Sample Ballot Info.
Photo ID is required.
It is recommended that voters mark a sample ballot in advance then bring it to the voting booth.
Locations – Today through November 4:
– Lenora Park Activity Room (not the gym)
4515 Lenora Church Road, Snellville, GA 30078
– Gwinnett County Board of Registrations & Elections Office
455 Grayson Highway, Lawrenceville, GA 30046
– Beginning Saturday, October 29, additional locations will be open.
These locations are listed here: https://www.gwinnettcounty.com/…/AbsenteeVo…/SatelliteVoting
– October 27 – 28: 8am – 5pm
– October 29: 7am – 7pm
– October 31 – November 4: 7am – 7pm
NOTE: There will be no voting on Monday, Nov. 7.
– November 8
Location: Your regular polling place.
Polling place can be found by going to this website then filing in the
requested info in the box marked “MVP Login”.
Time 7:00am – 7:00pm.
Note: The Gwinnett County Board of Registrations & Elections Office is NOT
a polling location on November 8.
Wondering how long the lines are? Approximate waiting times, updated hourly, can be viewed here: https://www.gwinnettcounty.com/portal/gwinnett/Alert
Wondering what is on the ballot locally? Go to this website then enter your address: https://www.google.com/search…
Thank you Gwinnett County Elections Office for responding to the voters needs and suggestions! We appreciate it!
After voting head on down to Lighthouse Express Car Wash and get $10 off any exterior express wash $15 or above! #letyourrideshine #rockthevote!
Parents: Take Precautions to Keep Your Trick-or-Treaters Safe
While we are usually like to keep our blog to related to best car wash practices and auto detailing topics we felt we would mix it up a bit and give some helpful safety tips for all the parents out there. We hope you will find this blog post useful!
For many children, Halloween is a time to dress up in a favorite costume, go to classroom parties and trick-or-treat at neighbors’ houses. These happy thoughts of jack-o-lanterns, costumes and candy may cause parents and kids alike to forget the potential dangers of Halloween. Please take a look at the following Halloween safety topics for adults in order to keep this autumn holiday safe and fun.
• Whether you buy or make your child’s costume, make sure the material is flame retardant.
• If the costume is not already a bright color, add reflective tape so motorists and other trick-or-treaters can better see your child.
• Consider using face paint instead of a mask, so your child’s vision will not be restricted.
• Make sure the costume is not too long so that your child doesn’t trip and fall.
• If your child is carrying a prop, such as a plastic sword, make sure the tips are smooth and flexible to prevent injury.
• Older children: Plan older children’s routes ahead of time, so you know where they will be. Also, set a time for them to return home. If possible, send a cell phone with them to use in case of emergency.
• Younger children: Never let small children trick-or-treat alone. While walking your pre-planned route, remind them to stay on sidewalks and cross at corners or crosswalks.
• Only go to houses where the lights are on.
• Make sure either you or your child carries a flashlight if trick-or-treating after daylight hours.
• Provide your children with a healthy meal before they go trick-or-treating. This way, they won’t be hungry and will be less tempted to sample their candy en-route.
• Do not allow children to eat collected candy while they are trick-or-treating. Always check candy before they eat it, and dispose of any candy with an open wrapper or other suspicious appearances.
In addition to the above suggestions, I encourage you to teach your children basic safety
knowledge. Common sense tells adults to look both ways before crossing the street, but eager kids on Halloween night may forget this basic safety rule. Also, it is good to remind children that although Halloween is a fun, exciting holiday, they still need to remember their manners and always say “thank you” when accepting candy.
If you found this blog useful, please comment, like, and/or share. #haveapositiveday #keepmovingforward
Sources : Halloween Tips Online, Parents Safety Tips for Children
Are you a person who likes to follow the speed limit or do you have a need for speed? It’s car care tip time!
One reason why people drive slowly is because it produces better gas mileage which translates into saving money on gas. For those that spend a lot of time behind the wheel, the current low gas prices have been fantastic but it’s rising again…
Here are 5 fuel efficient driving techniques that really do save fuel:
- Don’t floor it! When you accelerate, take your time. Optimal fuel efficient driving takes about 5 seconds to accelerate your vehicle from a stop to 15 miles per hour. Slamming your foot to the floorboard will not help your gas mileage.
- Cruise instead of speeding. Changing speeds with spurts of acceleration can increase your fuel intake by as much as 20% and that's not very efficient. Use cruise control on the highway can save fuel.
- Focus. By planning your driving maneuvers ahead of time, you’ll be able to keep your vehicle’s momentum. Anticipating the movements of pedestrians and other drivers and keeping safe distances will not only save you fuel, it will keep you safer as well.
- Coast. Whenever possible, avoid slamming on the brakes. Coasting toward a stop sign or red light is another practice that will increase fuel efficiency and safety while you drive.
- Decelerate. Did you know that above 50 miles per hour, most vehicles lose gas mileage? Every 5 MPH you drive over 50 MPH is like paying an extra quarter for a gallon of gas.
So there you have it folks. It appears the speed limits and advice from parents and safe drivers makes more cents than for just safety after all. Did you find any of these tips useful? If you did, please feel free to share with a friend!